Saturday, July 27, 2013

Vocabulary Down on the Farm

One Montessori activity I've been working on for this coming year is the Labeling the Farm activity.  I think it particularly brilliant as kids love learning about animals and playing with a farm set is so fun.  What a sneaky way to teach vocabulary and grammar!   I've recently painted a tray to look like a pasture and pond to use with miniature plastic farm animals.

I put blue painter's tape around the areas I didn't want painted.


I sprayed a green background, and when dry, a blue "pond."  Make sure you remove the tape before the paint has completely dried so you have a nice finish.



I really enjoy the farm "toobs" made by Safari, Ltd. which you can find here.

Other miniature "toobs" such as Down on the Farm, and Farm Babies are helpful in putting together a collection of animals and objects to label.

I've created labels for this activity which you can find at my store on TPT:

Labeling the Farm Activity  It's FREE.



Happy teaching,
Rosanna

No comments:

Post a Comment